Sat, Jun 24|
Yoga for Total Newbies Series
Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start
Time & Location
Jun 24, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Hilo, 190 Kamehameha Ave, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
About the event
(Click Read More> to see all dates/times for the series below)
ALL LEVELS NOT WELCOME
If you can already stand on your head, click "back" right now.
If the phrase adho mukha svanasana rolls off your tongue with ease, also, bye.
- you have a yoga mat and you've never opened it
- or you did open it and just laid down on it for a while before rolling it back up for good
- your friends go to yoga and you feel like you're too far behind to start now
- a teacher shamed you at your first yoga class and you never went again
- you signed up for a yoga challenge online but never finished the thing
- you're pretty sure you're not flexible enough for yoga
- for whatever reason, you weren't into yoga before but you are ready now to think about possibly giving yoga a tiny little chance
This class is for Y-O-U!
We're going to start at the start.
(I don't mean with an original yogi meditating in a cave and a snoozy history lesson.)
I mean we'll start with beginning postures and how to do them correctly so you don't hurt yourself.
There's literally a pose called easy pose. We'll do that one!
We'll find ease, joy, and healthy structure in moving the body. Your body. We'll connect poses so it's fun to flow between them.
We'll laugh. Some of the poses feel funny at first. And that's ok!
You're allowed to make jokes in this class too.
I'll give options so wherever you are, there's a version of the pose for you. You deserve that.
We'll build strength and flexibility so you can add to those very first poses and feel good about progressing from class to class.
We'll set you up so you can go to "all levels" classes and not stick out like someone who's never unrolled a mat before.
Also, I promise no one will make you chant om if you don't want to.
We'll move the body and settle the mind. We'll do yoga poses. And we'll have some fun.
Saturday, June 24: 4-5p
Saturday, July 1: 4-5p
Saturday, July 8: 4-5p
Sunday, July 16: 4-5p
Saturday, July 22: 4-5p
Saturday, July 29: 4-5p
Can you just sign up for one class? Nope, sorry. We're building something here.
What if you have to miss one or two? No worries at all. Life happens. Enjoy.
What to bring:
- a mat
- a reasonably open mind
- a sense of humor
- yoga block
- eye pillow
- anything that will make you feel extra comfy when we lie down at the end of the class to integrate and unwind
Let's get into yoga! Together!
For more related info, click HERE.
6 week newb yoga series
+$2.25 service fee
+$2.25 service fee0